2018 Nominations: Open PositionsDeadline for Submissions: February 15, 2018The American Dance Therapy Association seeks visionary and dedicated leaders to serve as national board members. Ideal nominees are those who can inspire and guide the organization with their knowledge of dance/movement therapy, vision for ADTA and the field, leadership abilities, and advocacy of dance/movement therapy. Serving on the ADTA Board of Directors provides important opportunities to shape future directions in dance/movement therapy at national and state levels.Candidate Guidelines:
- Candidates for the ADTA Board of Directors must be current Professional Members of ADTA for at least three years, during which time they must have served on a national committee or as an officer/committee member of a local chapter for at least one year.
- No member of the Board of Directors may serve more than two consecutive terms in any one position. No Professional Member can serve as chairperson of more than one standing committee.
- Please be advised that no member of the ADTA Board of Directors may during his/her directorship on the ADTA Board of Directors serve on the DMTCB concurrent with their term on the ADTA BOD.
- The Chairpersons of the Education, Standards & Ethics, and Research & Practice Committees must be credentialed as a BC-DMT.
- Nominate others or yourself.
- Terms of office commence at the business meeting held during the annual ADTA conference. For those elected in 2018, that will be in Salt Lake City, Utah in October 2018.
- Board members attending Board meetings receive a per diem to offset personal expenses associated with attending the meeting, and reimbursement of travel expenses to the annual spring meeting of the Board of Directors, which is held in Columbia MD.Submit your nominations by emailing the Nominating Committee,Nancy Toncy (Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org,Bobbi McKissick, email@example.com
,Jacelyn Biondo, firstname.lastname@example.org